|If you’re a Citi Bike member then you may have received an email this afternoon with some great news. Citi Bike’s Ebikes will be available this winter. No date has been announced, so we’ll only have that timing to look forward to.
While the company was planning on having the electric bikes back earlier, they needed extra time to prepare the new bikes and complete safety testing. After feedback from members, the company also took the opportunity to announce a lower e-bike pricing structure (yay!). Check out the lower pricing for Citi Bike’s E-Bikes:
Lower e-bike pricing
Citi Bike is updating their pricing, which was a $2 charge on every ebike ride.
- Annual Members will pay a $0.10/minute ebike charge.
- Members’ ebike charges will be capped at $2 for rides 45 minutes or less beginning and/or ending outside Manhattan.
- Two minute wait time removed to make it easy to swap from ebike to classic bike (and vice versa).
- Non-Members will pay a $0.15/minute ebike charge.
- Reduced Fare Bike Share Members will pay a $0.05/minute ebike charge.