We all love money and the more money we have the better. Those that say that “money can’t buy happiness” are right, but though you can’t literally buy happiness with money, you can buy time and convenience.
That additional time has been directly linked to improving your overall well-being that can improve one’s general happiness.
Are you looking for a special gift for that money-lover in your circle? Look no further than the homemade money bouquet. A money bouquet is basically dozens bills of paper money that are arranged to resemble a bouquet of flower. So instead of giving the traditional dozen roses for a loved (that will end up wilting in a week), you can choose to use that $39.99 on something exactly as valuable.
You can take that $50 and break up into single dollars and a few five dollar bills to create your own money rose. Don’t have enough money for a money bouquet You might have cash out your coins, work an extra couple hours at work, or trying your luck at a casino. Click here to learn more.
Okay now you have some duckets in your hand, so let’s talk about how best to arrange your money bouquet.
How to Make Your Own Money Bouquet
Now that you have your dollar bills (in multiple denominations) in hand, here’s how you can create your own money bouquet. First you need to think about the bouquet you want to create. Once you have an idea, here’s the six items and materials that are required:
- Dollar Bills
- Stems (wood, or other)
- Tissue paper
- Fresh or fake flowers
- Rubber band
Instructions For Creating Money Bouquet At Home
- Set your flowers into a vase or similar (fresh flowers are always nicer).
- Create your money flowers. These can be simple cones or something more elaborate. Whatever you choose, tape the edges so that they don’t open up.
- Tape the money flower to the stem. Best to have an opening at the bottom of the flower so it can fit nicely onto the stem.
- Once you’ve finished creating the money flowers and taping them into place on the stems, add them to the flowers in your vase from step one.
- Arrange the money flowers with the real flowers
- Take them out of the vase
- Put a rubber band or two around the bottom of the stems
- Take your bouquet and wrap it into the tissue paper.
And boom! Just like that you have a basic bouquet of flowers. If you already have these materials (and money!) laying around the house, you can create a money bouquet in 20-25 minutes and it only costs a little more than the actual banknotes used. Here’s a great video on how to make your money bouquet.
If you want to make your money bouquet extra nice, you can spruce it up using these items:
- Leaves or Greenery (can be fake)
- Floral foam
- Ribbon or other decorations
- Include some fresh or fake greenery
- Create more elaborate flowers with the dollar bills
- Include decorations
- Using the ribbon, tie a bow around the bouquet.
And that’s it. Depending on how detailed you want to be, you can create your own money bouquet in as short as 20 minutes (assuming you have all the requisite materials). It can take up to a couple hours if you’re making more elaborate flowers. And remember money can buy you happiness, indirectly.
A recent study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences suggests that when people spend money on time-saving services such as a house cleaner, lawn care or grocery delivery, it can make them feel a little happier. By comparison, money spent on material purchases — aka things — does not boost positive emotions the way we might expect.